- Increased torque density – ME’s motors achieve high torque density by both volume and weight. ME’s technology enables unprecedented high torque density without requiring significant cooling.
- Motor efficiency – ME’s motors achieve high efficiency, even under high load at low and variable RPMs. The initial purchase price of a motor equals only two percent of the lifetime costs of the motor, while the maintenance equals four times the purchase price and utility costs constitute approximately 90% of the lifetime cost. Just one percentage point increase in efficiency can equate to more than a 60% ROI.
- Load Matching – The high continuous torque across a wide range of RPMs allows ME’s motors to load match by adjusting the RPM to meet the task at hand.
- Direct drive – ME’s high torque, direct drive motors minimize the need for gear reduction, drive train systems, and
transmissions reducing system inefficiency, costs and weight.
- Battery longevity – By reducing the rate of battery discharge, the efficiency per charge (joules of energy delivered to the motor vs. applied during charging) increases. This yields a longer life per charge, disproportionally higher than just the effect of higher motor efficiency alone.
- Regenerative/inertial braking – Existing systems regenerate substantially less than ME’s motors because of their energy loss through the transmission, drive train and their reduced efficiency at high torque and low speed. ME’s hub motor used in braking acts just as efficiently as a generator, capturing the energy in stopping and charging the batteries without suffering the transmission energy losses.
- Size reduction – ME’s torque density enables high torque in a very small package. This allows greater design flexibility, and reduces the cost for handling and transportation of machines that integrate ME’s technologies.
- Weight reduction – By reducing the complexity and weight of the motor and drive system with the accompanying structural savings, the weight of an electric vehicle or industrial machine can be reduced by as much as 25%, reducing the load requirement and enabling greater range per charge. This proves especially valuable for on-board motors and generators.
Home / ETM Technology
|Motor Excellence's new class of electric motor and generator technologies depart from longstanding industry practices and electrical engineering assumptions. Our products, unique in their architecture, utilize an innovative new approach, which brings dramatically
improved power and efficiency.
ME TECHNOLOGY ADVANTAGES: